Please note - your InsideBiz.com log-in is not tied to our nomination system - please create a new log-in if you are visiting this site for the first time or log in to continue an existing nomination.
All financial information will be kept strictly confidential and will not be published. Companies chosen for the award may, at their discretion, allow their financial information to be made public as part of their printed profile, if they so desire.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Roaring 20 award honors Hampton Roads' most dynamic businesses based on revenue and employee growth. The award recognizes the region’s fastest growing companies that are making significant contributions to our local economy. The winners will be profiled in a special section included in Inside Business and honored at an awards banquet.
Anyone associated with a local business can nominate a candidate if the business meets the eligibility requirements. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Nomination deadline: August 18, 2017
• Company must be headquartered in the Hampton Roads area.
• Company must have experienced consecutive annual revenue growth from 2014-2016.
• Company must have been founded prior to FY 2014.
• Company must have reported gross revenues of at least $2 million in 2016.
An independent panel of judges of local business leaders and university business faculty will work with Cherry Bekaert to evaluate and assess the criteria. Finalists will be chosen based upon a formula that takes into account both dollar growth and percentage rate of growth over the company’s three most recent completed fiscal years. Other judging criteria include critical factors that resulted in company growth, challenges, obstacle overcome and the future outlook of long-term sustainability.
Please submit your nomination form, which will be reviewed by Cherry Bekaert LLP, a certified public accounting and consulting firm. Cherry Bekaert will contact applicants directly to schedule a brief interview with the company CEO or CFO to gather additional information and verify financial data through suggested documentation to include ONE of the following:
• Audited, reviewed or compiled financial statements prepared by an outside accountant.
• First page of the company’s tax return for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• A letter from an outside accountant verifying the revenue and employee figures reported on nomination form.
All financial information will be kept strictly confidential and will not be published. Companies chosen for the award may, at their discretion, allow their financial information to be made public as part of their printed profile.